The Smith Center for International Sustainable Agriculture was launched in 2017, and endowed courtesy of generous donations from Donnie (B.S. animal science ’80, CEO of Foster Farms) and Terry Smith (B.S. elementary education ’80). The Smith Center is positioning UTIA as the go-to organization for global engagement in the agricultural-related sciences among U.S. land-grant institutions. The center does this by cultivating greater global engagement across all faculty, staff and students at UTIA, by increasing the Institute’s number of strategic global partnerships and by communicating the importance of UTIA’s global work.
The Smith Center is recruiting a student worker interested in communications and international sustainable agriculture. The goal of this position is to assist the Global Communications Leader with telling the story of global engagement across UTIA, particularly through leading the Smith Center’s engagement on social media.
- Aiding in gathering content for social media accounts
- Taking photos and creating short-form video to share on social media
- Creating posts for different social media channels
- Editing written content
- Creating flyers and other infographics
- Assisting with video editing
- Assisting with curating content for the Smith Center Website
- Pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, digital media, journalism, graphic design, agricultural leadership, education, and communication, etc.
- Interested in international and sustainable agriculture
- Passionate about having a global outlook
- Preference will be given to a second or third year student
Start Date: As soon as possible; ideally no later than January 2023
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references to Mary Shelley-Snell, email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled.